Thought, experience and memory from a brain in a jar, one that sometimes has control over a thirty-two-year-old Londonite.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Herne Hill, London, United Kingdom

06 November, 2007

ID, Ego, and Super-ego!

For the first time in a log time, the ID Card Scheme is back in the news. This is the scheme that Gordon Brown gave full support to, as long as it came in on time and under budget. Since then it has been rescheduled and is (massively!!!) over budget, racking up an extra .8-1.2 billion pounds within the first few months. The long grass is over there, Mr B.

It's fun watching Tony McNutty going at it. He has been drafted in to discuss the scheme that he is supposed to be in charge of, but his statements are so hesitant! "As I understand it..", "As far as I am aware..." both suggesting he is not as in the loop as he would like.

And it seems Lord West too, can only speak of his own awareness. Doesn't anyone attached to this scheme know what is going on? This is New NuLabor, after all, and uncertainty is not in the vocabulary!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,

Hate to post in your comments, but I couldn't find any other way to contact you. I found your blog and I wondered
if you would be interested in doing a link exchange? I'm trying to get my site
(findinlondon.com) off the ground. Its a forum site, where Londoners can go and
talk/rant/discuss about anything related to London, problem is I need Londoners
to actually go there and start doing that! :), so I'm looking for successful
London bloggers that I can do link exchanges with.

Theres also a competition, where the most successful poster (judged by me) by the start of Dec wins a small prize.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Phil (flashculture@hotmail.com)

11:18 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home