Thought, experience and memory from a brain in a jar, one that sometimes has control over a thirty-two-year-old Londonite.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Herne Hill, London, United Kingdom

18 October, 2007

Signs & Portents

I'm not overly superstitious. I believe coincidences are just coincidences; but I also believe that much of our intelligence is based around trying to discover or otherwise work out correlations between the various chaotic events that surround us. To that end, I can explain away coincidence quite merrily with probability, yet still enjoy the visceral thrill of noticing them when they crop up.

So I was thrilled when I got my fairly unexpected stickies through from NaNoWriMo in exchange for services rendered. This year's novel will focus on a central character doing a jigsaw puzzle (for 50,000 words! Crazy!) and lo did the thank you postcard feature a design involving a jigsaw puzzle piece! This in the same week that an old story of mine caught up with me. The good lady husband and I have a mouse-shaped visitor and have laid down traps, which is at slight odds with my hilarious "don't kill anything, but continue to condone the killing of animals by buying rather large quantities of dead flesh once a week, which is fine really because at the end of the day the planet wouldn't be able to support a vegetarian humanity so really what should concern us is the manner in which the animals are bred, raised and, ultimately dispatched, so take that evangelical vegetarian; your moral highground is a luxury my sausage guzzling pays for" position.

Um...

That's all I have, really.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home