Thought, experience and memory from a brain in a jar, one that sometimes has control over a thirty-two-year-old Londonite.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Herne Hill, London, United Kingdom

30 October, 2007

NaNo Draws Smellable Near

Well it's nearly here, and I wish it was already. I've been terribly naughty and scribbled down a few sketchy notes for Pieces, and have started to seek out the voice for the main character (it's always my voice, so I don't know why I'm bothering, really).

Last Saturday saw the London NaNoWriMo Kick-Off Meeting, which was a frightfully well-attended bacchanalia of ale, soft toys and fizzing creativity. I had forgotten how great it was to know that so many folk try for it every year. Even though, when one gets down to it, there isn't always a great deal of communication between participants, even at the write-ins, the fact that there are a bunch of crazies willing to put themselves through hell alongside you is wonderfully encouraging.

Another bit of prep what I have done is to dust off the Excel wordcount progress doohicky that I drew up last year. I've made it more flexible than 2007's strict 1,667 words a day model, and will be looking at adapting the daily targets to my social calendar as we go along. Get it here!

You can key in different wordcounts for each day, and the dates are automatically filled in following the first entry. You get a neat little spike on the graph showing you what today is. Always handy!

I shall hopefully be posting at the end of the first.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home