Thought, experience and memory from a brain in a jar, one that sometimes has control over a thirty-two-year-old Londonite.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Herne Hill, London, United Kingdom

11 November, 2007

How Far Can You Walk Into A Forest?


NaNoWriMo 2007 - Day 11
Originally uploaded by Simon Scott
Half way of course! I spent about four hours on public transport yesterday (thank you public transport!), which meant that when I reached Richmond I was not in the most creative of frames of mind, and only managed to get about 2,000 words down, despite the industrious ambience on offer courtesy of m'good friend Daniel.

Happily, though, I managed to rattle off a good 3,409 words today and so have made it through the 25,000 threshold. What is more, my plot seems to be holding up, so I will hopefully be feeling less antsy about it. I have about seven vignettes left at my disposal, and add more to the list as they occur. They're my back-up for when I find myself travelling through the plot too quickly.

I've a couple of nights out next week, and so have a couple of no writing days, but all is scheduled for. Nevertheless I still feel guilty about them, so will probably choose to overshoot for the rest of the week. If I stick to the plan I will finish up at 50,000 words on the 27th, so the day off on the thirtieth ought to be well within my grasp.

And pictured is the author reading some Donald Barthelme just after writing about two adults sharing a bath. How writers suffer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home