Thought, experience and memory from a brain in a jar, one that sometimes has control over a thirty-two-year-old Londonite.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Herne Hill, London, United Kingdom

01 April, 2006

A real appetite for passport renewal

I finally managed to find my old passport on Thursday night, and then promptly spoiled the form I had to apply for a renewal. Ironically I did this by signing the form and having my signature go ovwer the border, which seemed deeply metaphoric somehow.

I tried to get a current passport form from the post office yesterday but they'd run out. I hope this is because people everywhere are slipping their current passports into their washing machines and stumping up fifty-odd quid to save themselves from the NIR for as long as possible. And should the passport service suddenly run out of forms, well, that would be newsworthy, wouldn't it?

Talk is beginning to warm up on the No2ID forum about a march, hopefully one running as a coalition of protest against the various dodgy measures Tony Baloney is bullying through. There's also the typical and rather depressing talk that marching doesn't change anything, but neither, seemingly, does voting or writing to your MP, so on with the boots.

And Swindon No2ID have recruited a Charles Clarke lookylikey to help them in their leafleting which has cheered me up, no end.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

About time there was a march against ID cards. As a vetern of about 15 Stop The War marches it can be soul (and sole!) destroying when they don't seem to achieve anything, but I think it's important to do it. Especially if it's a big one.

1:52 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home