Thought, experience and memory from a brain in a jar, one that sometimes has control over a thirty-two-year-old Londonite.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Herne Hill, London, United Kingdom

29 January, 2006

Do No Pass Go

I popped over to Daniel & Sarah's last weekend to play a game of Go, but never got round to it. It's been an absolute age since I played any games, so this weekend have logged onto the Kiseido Go Server, create a new profile (my old one has lapsed) and played a few games.

And by God I suck! Also, to make matters worse, I found out that the scoring on KGS has never been very clever, and that when the server is working out the score, the players are supposed to click on or off the live groups. Thus the first two games on my profile are somewhat inaccurately scored, the second one by over 100 points. I still lost both, but by a slightly less shameful margin. The third game I don't even want to talk about. I suspect a good bit of playing and reading are going to be in order if I'm to regain the level of personal comfort I once had in my game. I suspect my intuition is gone, and I just need some practice games and to sit on my hands a bit. I always play too fast on the computer, y'see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home