Thought, experience and memory from a brain in a jar, one that sometimes has control over a thirty-two-year-old Londonite.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Herne Hill, London, United Kingdom

12 December, 2005

Code Repair

In an idle moment I attempted to use my N7 Assistant (see GRW Language Lab for details) and found to my happy surprise that Firefox afford more flexible dialogue boxes than Internet Explorer. I'd long thought about reworking the Assistant so that the questions it asks you pop up in their own windows, but I could never get the thing to work. Now I'm tempted to leave it as it is.

Or I would have been. Much to my dismay the bugger wouldn't actually spit the text out at the other end. However, a brief and only slightly irritating bit of coding later, and the thing is back on its feet. The problem seemed to have something to do with the different way IEx and Firefox handle variable scopes. Anyhoo it works, and to celebrate I've parsed a poem and popped it up. Poetry's more fun to N7 than prose somehow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home