Thought, experience and memory from a brain in a jar, one that sometimes has control over a thirty-two-year-old Londonite.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Herne Hill, London, United Kingdom

25 July, 2006

Screen Burn

Monitor Burn Out
Monitor Burn Out,
originally uploaded by Simon Scott.
So the old monitor finally died yesterday. It had been playing up for a while, so I was kind of expecting it. Just to be sure it was the monitor and not the 'puter, I took the casing off and found this wonderful scorched patch on one of the PCBs. I managed to get another one at lunchtime, and shed my own weight in water dragging it home.

A can of Fosters and a nice sit down later and the new monitor was in place. It's a much nicer screen which takes up less space without losing any screen inches. The old monitor was never all that great, with the top of the screen darkening out to nothing and the whole thing needing a bit of a gamma boost in order to see anything. I ought to be able to work out what I'm doing with my photos now, rather than get them as good as I can, then seeing them on another monitor and wincing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home