Thought, experience and memory from a brain in a jar, one that sometimes has control over a thirty-two-year-old Londonite.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Herne Hill, London, United Kingdom

12 July, 2006

AdeZ, pronounced...

Whilst tubing into work this morning I saw an advert for a fruit juice and soya based health drink called AdeZ. That's AdeZ. Now, I don't know about you, but when I see a word like that, I assume the Z is taking the place of a pluralising S, and when I see the word Ade I pronounce it... well... Ade. Thus the drink in question, on first sight, seems to be called Adez pronounced aids. I sat staring at the ad and finally decided that the drink is probably called Ay Duh Zed, or worse still Ay Duh Zee, but if you're skirting that close to the edge of a different pronunciation of negative connotation you really don't want to come up with a name for your drink that requires a fact sheet on how to say it properly.

As my mother would no doubt say "someone got paid for coming up with that."

2 Comments:

Blogger Terri Nixon said...

Hmm, I first read it as Ahdez, but I think, sadly, it's probably Ay duh Zee, as in the US version of Ay to Zed. (you'll probably find it's one of those with every conceivable vitamin crammed into it, and no taste)

6:30 pm  
Blogger Hamilton's Brain said...

It seems you're with the consensus on this one, terri. Most of the people I've talked to about it have plumped for Ahdez. Perhaps it's just a mirror for my own sick mind...

10:55 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home