Thought, experience and memory from a brain in a jar, one that sometimes has control over a thirty-two-year-old Londonite.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Herne Hill, London, United Kingdom

01 September, 2005

Hamilton's Brain Updated

Well, it wasn't the biggest of updates. I guess GTA:SA has taken its toll! However, there was plenty left dangling, such as some early parts of both the One Hour Photo and Static write-ups, so next month's increase should be a little more substantial. Quite pleased at managing to get the most chore-like aspect of the site, the daily straplines, done. I intend keeping them up for a year and then cycling them.

I also quite surprised myself by finishing The Inheritance, a story that I've been trying to complete for about three years. I'll probably go back and do a polish on the new bits I've added. Anything to keep me from working on Pieces! I've also uploaded another couple of stories from the vaults. I find as I begin to write fiction again that I've started having more ideas for stories, which is reassuring. Often in the past I've thought about going back to my writing, only to find I couldn't think of very much to write about. I also feel I'm moving towards a specific set of ideas which intrigues me. Partly this has come out of my own musings, and partly out of the stuff I've already written. Again, it offers a framework in which I can write, and begins to suggest that, despite my fears, I might actually have something to say! This can only be a good thing.

Ideas for articles for God's Rude Wireless - reworking of the Sainsbury's post below, anti-ID card piece, what I think of David Icke. The last of these would focus on why I find that, although Icke is a classifiable nutbar, he has this uncanny knack of distilling paranoia and sentiment that's already out there. He kind of turns everything into an allegory, and then believes the allegory, which is where he comes unstuck. He'll pick up on a weird feeling about the Royal Family, note that their lives are so remote from our own that they are practically an alien species, and then make the leap that they literally are an alien species. That's technically schizophrenic, I believe! What makes it more dangerous is that Icke then gets plugged into a big feedback loop with all the other nutcases... But I'm rambling, and need to get dressed.

Oo, and speaking of God's I'm rather pleased at the way the graphic at the bottom of the non-fiction pieces came out. Lovely obelisk that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home