Thought, experience and memory from a brain in a jar, one that sometimes has control over a thirty-two-year-old Londonite.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Herne Hill, London, United Kingdom

30 August, 2005

Embarrassing Myself In Public #003

I was lucky enough to attend the grand wave-off of Dr Who magazine In Vision, c/o the good lady husband who had done a fair amount of work on the 'ographies in the last few issues. Having gone out without eating properly I tended to lurk about the buffet more than was healthy. There were speeches and that, and a fair amount of mutual surprise at who'd been invited. We hobnobbed with Tat Wood and Paul the dentist. Fairly late in the evening, with Scotch Eggs, pastries and lager doing their work, I let out a little trouser bubble, only marginally audible and delicately fragrant. It crept on me rather unawares, and I guiltily turned around, ready with tales of passing ducks, and midgets with halitosis, but instead I stayed Shtum, for the only person standing behind me, facing me, stuffing in a vol au vent, was television's Liz Sladen.

1 Comments:

Blogger Rob said...

Oh lord.

You guffed in front of Liz Sladen!

Didn't you know it was her turn?

3:41 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home