Thought, experience and memory from a brain in a jar, one that sometimes has control over a thirty-two-year-old Londonite.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Herne Hill, London, United Kingdom

31 July, 2005

All New!

Well, the website uploaded successfully. I've an annoying issue with created tags in CSS not working on Internet Explorer, which may take a considerable bit of recoding to sort out, but that's not for now...

I shall bathe in my own glory for a day or so, and then get back to work on the various unfinished pieces of writing, and the capsules for the GRW articles, which at least need dating.

Do let me know if there are any almighty cock-ups you might come across...

EDIT: Well, I had to go and tinker with things, didn't I? A friend who eschews JavaScript mentioned to me that nothing happened at all when launching the site on Firefox with JS deactivated. I struggled this morning to rectify the situation, but Firefox simply refused to render what I'd placed in the noscript tags. Finally giving up, but leaving the noscript and noframe code in place, I took a quick glance at the site at work, only to find that the noframe text comes up on Internet Explorer. I then find out that noscript and noframe are pretty much defunct as html code. My site, as Mr Sloman was kind enough to point out, now loads with the title This site requires a fraHamilton's Brainable browser. I shall rectify tonight, and may just create a piece of black text which JavaScript removes at the earliest moment, thus leaving it for those who aren't capable of viewing it. Or I could just say sod it, and not worry about the 0.1% of browsers that don't use JavaScript.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home