Thought, experience and memory from a brain in a jar, one that sometimes has control over a thirty-two-year-old Londonite.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Herne Hill, London, United Kingdom

14 November, 2006

NaNoWriMo - Day 14

Well, so far, so good, or should I perhaps say so far, so many words. Over 20,000 of them now! It's been quite an education developing the plot as I've progressed, and although it perhaps doesn't stand as good writing, I've found the challenge of creating filler (for the pacing, you understand, not for the word count!) an enlightening experience. Being forced to do something with the extraneous characters has meant giving them more of a share of the plot, and a hand in the overall dynamic of the story that otherwise wouldn't be there.

I've yet to do any revisions, but for when I do, I have made the quite arbitrary rule of forbidding myself cutting anything unless I am replacing it with something else.

I'm having a (thoroughly English, not at all graphic) sex scene at the midway point by way of celebration, and am off to a gathering of fellow NaNoWriMoists in Leicester Square on Saturday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home