Thought, experience and memory from a brain in a jar, one that sometimes has control over a thirty-two-year-old Londonite.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Herne Hill, London, United Kingdom

22 May, 2005

Naming Nieces

Jasmine
Jasmine,
originally uploaded by Simon Scott.
I've just returned from Swindon where the latest addition to the family gene pool was receiving her name. My new niece Jasmine (pictured) had flowers waved at her at the Spiritualist Centre, in a ceremony that is very simple, and strangely humanist were it not for the obvious spirit-plane overtones.

Ella had her naming ceremony at the same place, and I'm pretty sure we struggled with the same songs (and I mean songs - Born Free and Thank Heaven For Little Girls!)

There was gathering back at sister's for a couple of hours, which allowed her to give me my birthday present - a signed picture of a hairy dwarf, which I managed to get back home in one piece. Mum also handed me my degree certificate (graduated nine years ago!) and a card someone had given her to give to me on the day of the cap-and-gown. Oh and a shirt. It made me feel a little guilty, if truth be told.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home